Tuesday, August 31, 2021
Registered live births in the region decreased
- The number of registered live births in Ilocos Region in May 2021 summed up to 5,328 with a decrease of eight percent from May 2020.
- The daily average birth registration in the region in May 2021 was at 172 births, which was eight percent lower than the daily average in May 2020.
- The highest daily average birth registration in May 2021 and May 2020 was recorded in Pangasinan at 108 and 103, respectively.
- All provinces, except for Pangasinan, posted a decrease in the daily average of registered live births in May 2021 from May 2021.
Pangasinan highest in terms of registered live births
- Pangasinan posted the highest number of registered live births in May 2021 and May 2020 with 3,331 and 3,194 births, respectively.
- Pangasinan registered 63 percent of the total registered live births in the region in May 2021.
- La Union followed at 14 percent then Ilocos Sur at 12 percent and lastly, Ilocos Norte at 11 percent.
Dagupan City tops in registered number of live births
- Among the cities/municipalities in the region, Dagupan City, Pangasinan had the highest registered live birth in the region at 693 births.
- City of Urdaneta, Pangasinan followed at 419 then San Carlos City, Pangasinan with 350 births, City of San Fernando, La Union with 339 and City of Alaminos, Pangasinan with 329 births.
- There was 36 municipalities that recorded the lowest registered births ranging from 1 to 5. Of which, six municipalities registered five births, nine registered four births, seven municipalities with three births each, nine municipalities having two births each and lastly, one birth each for five municipalities.
Males outnumber females in terms of registered live births
- Males (2,772) outnumbered females (2,556) in terms of registered live births in May 2021, resulting to a sex ratio of 108 males per 100 females.
- Ilocos Norte posted a sex ratio of 97, which means that there are more females than males in the province.
- A sex ratio of 100 in Ilocos Sur means there are equal number of males and females in the province.
- Pangasinan posted a sex ratio of 112 while La Union posted a sex ratio of 111.
SGD. ATTY. SHEILA O. DE GUZMAN
Officer-in-Charge, RSSO I