Data on births presented in this release were obtained from the Certificates of Live Birth (Municipal Form 102) that were registered at the Office of the City/Municipal Civil Registrars and forwarded to the Philippine Statistics Authority - Provincial Statistical Offices in Ilocos Region. Information included births registered from July 2019 and July 2020.
Registered live births in the region decreased
- The number of registered live births in Ilocos Region in July 2020 summed up to 6,526 with a decrease of 20 percent from July 2019.
- The daily average birth registration in the region for July 2020 was at 211 births, which was 20 percent lower than the daily average in July 2019.
- Generally, the daily average of birth registration in all provinces decreased from 2019 to 2020.
- The highest daily average birth registration in July 2019 and in July 2020 was recorded in Pangasinan at 128 and 162, respectively. However, there was a decrease of 21 percent from 2019 to 2020.
- A decrease in daily average birth registration of 22 percent was observed in La Union followed by Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte both at 18 percent.
Pangasinan highest in terms of registered live births
- Pangasinan posted the highest number of registered live births in July 2019 and July 2020 with 3,973 births and 5,018 births, respectively.
- Pangasinan registered 61 percent of the total registered live births in the region for July 2020.
- La Union followed at 15 percent then Ilocos Sur at 13 percent. Ilocos Norte had the least share of registered live births in the region for July 2020.
Dagupan City tops in registered number of live births
- Among the cities/municipalities in the region, Dagupan, Pangasinan had the highest registered live birth in the region at 905 births.
- San Carlos City, Pangasinan followed at 625 then City of San Fernando, La Union with 549 births; City of Urdaneta, Pangasinan with 466 and City of Alaminos, Pangasinan with 372 births.
- There were 41 municipalities that recorded the lowest registered births ranging from 1 to 5. Of which, nine municipalities registered five births each, four births each for three municipalities, another eight municipalities with three births each, ten municipalities having two births each and lastly, one birth each for 11 municipalities.
Males outnumber females in terms of registered live births
- Males (3,326) outnumbered females (3,200) in terms of registered live births in July 2020, resulting to a sex ratio of 104 males per 100 females.
- Pangasinan posted a sex ratio of 118 which was higher than the regional ratio.
- Ilocos Norte followed with a sex ratio of 107 and La Union at 103 males per 100 females.
- Ilocos Sur posted a sex ratio less than one hundred. This indicates that there were more females than males registered in the province.