Thursday, July 1, 2021
Registered live births in the region decreased
- The number of registered live births in Ilocos Region in February 2021 summed up to 4,686 with a decrease of 28 percent from February 2020.
- The daily average birth registration in the region in February 2021 was at 167 births, which was 25 percent lower than the daily average in February 2020.
- The highest daily average birth registration in February 2021 and February 2020 was recorded in Pangasinan at 105 and 142, respectively.
- Both Pangasinan and Ilocos Sur posted the highest decrease on the daily average birth registration of the Ilocos Region with 26 percent. This was followed by La Union with a decrease of 25 percent then by Ilocos Norte with a decrease of 17percent.
Pangasinan highest in terms of registered live births
- Pangasinan posted the highest number of registered live births in February 2020 and February 2021 with 2,947 and 4,129 births, respectively.
- Pangasinan registered 63 percent of the total registered live births in the region in February 2021.
- La Union followed at 14 percent then Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte at 12 percent and 11 percent, respectively.
Dagupan City tops in registered number of live births
- Among the cities/municipalities in the region, Dagupan City, Pangasinan had the highest registered live birth in the region at 549 births.
- San Carlos City, Pangasinan followed at 494 then City of Urdaneta, Pangasinan with 327 births; City of San Fernando, La Union with 280 and City of Alaminos, Pangasinan with 239 births.
- There was 43 municipalities that recorded the lowest registered births ranging from 1 to 5. Of which, four municipalities registered five births, five registered four births, nine municipalities with three births each, twelve municipalities having two births each and lastly, one birth each for thirteen municipalities.
Males outnumber females in terms of registered live births
- Males (2,405) outnumbered females (2,281) in terms of registered live births in February 2021, resulting to a sex ratio of 105 males per 100 females.
- Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte posted a sex ratio of 112 and 111, respectively, which were higher than the regional ratio.
- La Union posted a sex ratio of 105 while Pangasinan posted a sex ratio of 103.
SGD. ATTY. SHEILA O. DE GUZMAN
Officer-in-Charge, RSSO I