Data on births presented in this release were obtained from the Certificates of Live Birth (Municipal Form 102) that were registered at the Office of the City/Municipal Civil Registrars and forwarded to the Philippine Statistics Authority - Provincial Statistical Offices in Ilocos Region. Information included births registered from December 2019 and December 2020.
Registered live births in the region decreased
- The number of registered live births in Ilocos Region on December 2020 summed up to 7,146 with a decrease of 4 percent from December 2019.
- The daily average birth registration in the region for December 2020 was at 231 births, which was 4 percent lower than the daily average in December 2019.
- The highest daily average birth registration in December 2019 and December 2020 was recorded in Pangasinan at 151 and 143, respectively. However, there was a decrease of 5 percent from 2019 to 2020.
- Ilocos Norte on the other hand posted a decrease of 12 percent on its daily average birth registration followed by Ilocos Sur with a decrease of 10 percent. However, La Union posted an increase of 15 percent on its daily average birth registration.
Pangasinan highest in terms of registered live births
- Pangasinan posted the highest number of registered live births in December 2019 and December 2020 with 7,468 births and 7,146 births, respectively.
- Pangasinan registered 62 percent of the total registered live births in the region for December 2020.
- La Union followed at 17 percent then Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte at 12 percent and 9 percent, respectively.
Dagupan City tops in registered number of live births
- Among the cities/municipalities in the region, Dagupan City, Pangasinan had the highest registered live birth in the region at 809 births.
- San Carlos City, Pangasinan followed at 732 then City of San Fernando, La Union with 586 births; City of Urdaneta, Pangasinan with 513 and City of Alaminos, Pangasinan with 427 births.
- There were 34 municipalities that recorded the lowest registered births ranging from 1 to 5. Of which, five municipalities registered five births, four births each for five municipalities, another six municipalities with three births each, eight municipalities having two births each and lastly, one birth each for ten municipalities.
Males outnumber females in terms of registered live births
- Males (3,690) outnumbered females (3,456) in terms of registered live births in December 2020, resulting to a sex ratio of 107 males per 100 females.
- Ilocos Norte posted a sex ratio of 113 which was higher than the regional ratio.
- La Union and Pangasinan followed with a sex ratio of 111 and 108, respectively.
- Ilocos Sur posted a sex ratio of less than one hundred. This indicates that there were more females than males registered in the province.