Friday, June 4, 2021
Registered live births in the region decreased
- The number of registered live births in Ilocos Region in 1st quarter 2021 summed up to 15,802 with a decrease of 24 percent from 1st quarter of 2020.
- The daily average birth registration in the region in 1st quarter 2021 was at 176 births, which was 24 percent lower than the daily average in 1st quarter 2020.
- The highest daily average birth registration in 1st quarter 2021 and 1st quarter 2020 was recorded in Pangasinan at 109 and 142, respectively.
- All the provinces posted a decrease in the daily average of registered live births in the 1st quarter of 2021.
Pangasinan highest in terms of registered live births
- Pangasinan posted the highest number of registered live births in 1st quarter 2021 and 1st quarter 2020 with 9,822 and 12,921 births, respectively.
- Pangasinan registered 62 percent of the total registered live births in the region in 1st quarter 2021.
- La Union followed at 15 percent then Ilocos Sur at 12 percent and lastly, Ilocos Norte at 11 percent.
Dagupan City tops in registered number of live births
- Among the cities/municipalities in the region, Dagupan City, Pangasinan had the highest registered live birth in the region at 1,783 births.
- San Carlos City, Pangasinan followed at 1,575 then City of Urdaneta, Pangasinan with 1,182 births; City of San Fernando, La Union with 1,047 and City of Alaminos, Pangasinan with 846 births.
- There was 15 municipalities that recorded the lowest registered births ranging from 1 to 5. Of which, three municipalities registered five births, two registered four births, four municipalities with three births each, four municipalities having two births each and lastly, one birth each for two municipalities.
Males outnumber females in terms of registered live births
- Males (8,017) outnumbered females (7,785) in terms of registered live births in 1st quarter 2021, resulting to a sex ratio of 103 males per 100 females.
- Pangasinan posted a sex ratio of 104 which was higher than the regional ratio.
- Ilocos Norte posted a sex ratio of 101 while La Union and Ilocos Sur posted a sex ratio of 100.
SGD. ATTY. SHEILA O. DE GUZMAN
Officer-in-Charge, RSSO I