Registered live births in the region decreased in the 1st Quarter 2020
- The number of registered live births in llocos Region during the first quarter of 2020 summed up to 20,925 with a decrease of 9 percent from the same period in 2019.
- The daily average birth registration during the first quarter of 2020 was at 230 births.
- January was observed to have the highest average daily births at 290 and 293 babies in 2020 and 2019, respectively.
January highest in registered live births for the 1st Quarter 2020
- The highest number of registered live births during the first quarter of 2019 and 2020 was recorded in January. The percent share of the total births in January to the quarterly totals were 40 percent in 2019 and 44 percent in 2020.
- March was observed to have the least number of registered live births in the first quarter of 2020 with 5,460 births. \Mrile in 2019, February posted the least number of registered live births with 6,410.
Pangasinan highest in terms of registered live births in 1st Quarter 2020
- Pangasinan registered the highest number of births in the first quarter of 2020. lts share was more than half (61 .8 percent share) of the total registered births in llocos Region.
- La Union ranked second with 3,210 births (15.3 percent share), followed by the province of llocos Sur with 2,7O1 births (12.9 percent share) and the province of llocos Norte with 2,087 (10.0 percent share).
- llocos Norte had the least number of registered live births for the first quarter of 2020 with 2,087 births.
San Carlos City tops with the most registered number of live births
- Among the cities/municipalities in the region, San Carlos City, Pangasinan registered the highest number of total live births with 2,494 births in 1stt Quarter 2020.
- Dagupan City, Pangasinan followed at 2,453 births; then City of San Femando, La Union with '1,699 births; City of Urdaneta, Pangasinan with 1,316 births; and City of Alaminos, Pangasinan with 972 births.
- Municipalities of Carasi, llocos Norte; Gregorio Del Pilar, llocos Sur; and San Esteban, llocos Sur had the lowest number of registered live births in first quarter of 2020 with two registered births each.
- It was followed by Laoac, Pangasinan; Sigay, Burgos; and Alilem of llocos Sur with three registered live births each and San Vicente, llocos Sur; Burgos, llocos Norte; and Cunimao, llocos Norte with four registered births each.
Males outnumber females in terms of registered live births
- Males outnumbered females in terms of registered live births in the first quarter of 2020. This data resulted to a sex ratio of 104 that translates to one hundred and four males in every one hundred females.
- Pangasinan posted a sex ratio of 107 which was higher than the regional ratio followed by llocos Sur with a sex ratio of 103.
- La Union and llocos Norte had sex ratios less than one hundred. This indicates that there were more females than males registered in the provinces.
SGD. ATTY. SHEILA O. DE GUZMAN
Officer-in-Charge, RSSO I