Marriage ceremonies decrease by eleven percent
- There were 8,481 registered marriages during the first quarter of 2020, showing a decrease of 11 percent from the 1st quarter of 2019.
- All provinces in the region decreased in the number of registered marriages from first quarter ot 2019 to finst quarter ot 2020.
- llocos Sur had the biggest decrease in the number of registered marriages (14 percent) while La Union had the lowest decrease in the number of registered marriages (6 percent).
- Pangasinan had the most number of registered marriages (5,571) for the 1st quarter of 2020 that is translated to a 66 percentage share to the region.
- La Union ranked second with the most number of registered marriages (1,158).
- llocos Sur and llocos Norte followed with 975 registered marriages and 777 registered marriages, respectively.
Daily average number of registered marriages reaches 145
- ln January 2020, the daily average number of registered marriages reached 145. lt was higher than the previous quarter.
- The daily average number of registered marriages decreased in February and March in 2019 and 2020.
- ln March 2020, the daily average number of registered marriages dropped to 39 that is translated to 44 percent from 2019 to 2020.
Marriages peak in January
- ln the first quarter of 2020, there were 8,481 registered marriages. Most registered marriages were in January (4,487 maniages).
- ln February, lhere were 2,792 registered marriages while in March, there were 1,202 registered marriages.
Civil rites highest in the first quarter of 2020
- There were 3,562 registered marriages through Civil rites for the first quarter of 2020. The highest number of registered marriages among other types of ceremony.
- Roman Catholic ceremonies followed at 3,296 registered marriages.
- A tribal marriage was registered during the quarter.
Teenage brides reached more than five hundred this quarter
- There were 510 teenage brides that were registered this flrst quarter of 2020.
- The median age of brides based from the registered marriages this first quarter was at 27 years old. This means that half the number of brides was younger than 27 year old and half was older than 27 years old.
- The grooms had a median age of 29 years old.
- Most brides belong in the age group 25 to 29 that is 35 percent of the total number.
- The highest number of grooms was also from the age group 25 to 29 that is 37 percent of the total number.
SGD. ATTY. SHEILA O. DE GUZMAN
Officer-n-Charge, RSSO I