Marriage ceremonies increase by 1,713 in May 2021
• There was an increase of 1,644 registered marriages in May 2021. From 209 registered marriages in May 2020, Ilocos Region registered 1,853 marriages in May 2021.
• All provinces in the region increased in the number of registered marriages in May 2021 compared to May 2020.
• Pangasinan showed the biggest increase in the number of registered marriages. From 87 registered marriages in May 2020, it jumps to 905 marriages in May 2021.
• Pangasinan also had the most number of registered marriages (905) in May 2021 that is translated to 49 percent share to the region.
• La Union ranked second with the greatest number of registered marriages at 21 percent or 382 marriages.
• Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte followed at 20 percent (373 marriages) and 10 percent (193 marriages), respectively.
Roman Catholic marriages highest in May 2021
• Of the total registered marriages, thirty-nine percent of which were Civil ceremonies (715 marriages).
• Among religious sects, Roman Catholic with 744 marriages topped the list with the most number of marriages in May 2021.
• There were five Muslim marriages and one tribal marriage registered this month.
Roman Catholic Church ceremonies reached almost 800 in May 2021
• There were 744 registered marriages through Roman Catholic Church ceremonies in May 2021. It is the highest number of registered marriages among religious rites.
• Pangasinan had the most number of registered marriages (374 marriages) through Roman Catholic Church ceremony in May 2021 that is translated to 50 percent share to the region. Followed by Ilocos Sur with 31 percent (229 marriages), La Union with 16 percent (120 marriages), and lastly by Ilocos Norte with 3 percent (21 marriages).
• Pangasinan also had the most number registered marriages through other religious rites church ceremonies with 181 marriages (47 percent). Other provinces registered less than 150 marriages through other religious rites church ceremonies
Teenage brides reached almost 100 in May 2021
• There were 93 teenage brides who were registered in May 2021.
• The median age of brides based from the registered marriages in May 2021 was at 27 years old. This means that half the number of brides was younger than 27 years old and half was older than 27 years old.
• The grooms had a median age of 27 years old also.
• Most brides belong in the age group 25 to 29, contributing 37 percent of the total number.
• The highest number of grooms was from the age group 25 to 29 that is 40 percent of the total number.
Pangasinan covers five slots in the top 10 city/municipality with most registered marriages
• In Region I, San Carlos City, Pangasinan ranked first with 74 registered marriages in May 2021.
• This was followed by Agoo, La Union with 67 marriages. Next is Dagupan City, Pangasinan with 52 registered marriages, Rosario, La Union with 51 marriages, Malasiqui, Pangasinan followed with 50, City of San Fernando, La Union with 49, City of Alaminos, Pangasinan with 45 and Vintar, Ilocos Norte with 44, then municipalities of San Vicente, Ilocos Sur and Lingayen, Pangasinan with 40 marriages.
• One registered marriage was recorded in the municipalities of Sigay, Ilocos Sur and Natividad, Pangasinan.
SGD. ATTY. SHEILA O. DE GUZMAN
Officer-in-Charge, RSSO I