Data on marriages presented in this release were obtained from the Certificates of Marriage (Municipal Form 97) that were registered at the Office of the City/Municipal Civil Registrars and forwarded to the Philippine Statistics Authority - Provincial Statistical Offices in Ilocos Region. Information included marriages registered in July 2020 and in July 2020.
Marriage ceremonies drop by 47 percent
- There was a decrease of 47 percent in the registered marriages from July 2019 to July 2020 or from 1,521 to 812.
- All provinces in the region decreased in the number of registered marriages from 2019 to 2020.
- Ilocos Norte showed the biggest decrease in the number of registered marriages at 68 percent.
- Pangasinan had the most number of registered marriages (467) for July 2020 that is translated to a 56 percentage share to the region.
- La Union ranked second with the most number of registered marriages (155).
- Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte followed with 112 registered marriages and 78 registered marriages, respectively.
Civil marriages highest in July 2020
- There were 535 registered marriages through Civil ceremonies for July 2020. The highest number of registered marriages among other types of ceremony.
- Roman Catholic Church ceremonies followed at 153 registered marriages.
- Four Muslim marriages were registered this month.
Teenage brides reached almost thirty this month
- There were 27 teenage brides who were registered this July 2020.
- Also, there were seven teenage grooms listed this month.
- The median age of brides based from the registered marriages this month was at 22 years old. This means that half the number of brides was younger than 27 years old and half was older than 27 years old.
- The grooms had a median age of 28 years old.
- Most brides belong in the age group 25 to 29, contributing 43 percent of the total number.
- The highest number of grooms was from the age group 25 to 29 that is 41 percent of the total number.
Pangasinan covers 9 slots in the top 10 city/municipality with most registered marriages
- In Ilocos Region, Dagupan City, Pangasinan ranked first with 55 registered marriages in July 2020.
- This was followed by Malasiqui, Pangasinan with 31 registered marriages then City of San Fernando, La Union and San Carlos City, Pangasinan both with 26 marriages; Lingayen and City of Urdaneta, Pangasinan both with 25 marriages; and Basista, Pangasinan with 22.
- Bauang, La Union and Binmaley, Pangasinan at sixth place both with 20 registered marriages.
- In Ilocos Norte, municipalities of Bangui, Carasi, Nueva Era, and Sarrat recorded one registered marriage each.
- Banayoyo, Gregorio Del Pilar, Quirino, San Ildefonso, and San Vicente Ilocos Sur also recorded one marriage each for July.
- Meanwhile, one registered marriage was also recorded in the municipalities of Bugallon, Sto. Tomas, Sual and Laoac Pangasinan.
- La Union registered at least two marriages in its municipalities.