Friday, October 29, 2021
Marriage ceremonies increase by 891 in June 2021
- There was an increase of 4,248 registered marriages in the 2nd Quarter of 2021. From 1,095 registered marriages in the 2nd Quarter of 2020, Ilocos Region registered 5,343 marriages in the 2nd Quarter of 2021.
- All provinces in the region increased in the number of registered marriages in the 2nd Quarter of 2021 compared to 2nd Quarter of 2020.
- Pangasinan had the most number of registered marriages (5,343) in the 2nd Quarter of 2021 that is translated to 57 percent share to the region.
- La Union ranked second with the greatest number of registered marriages at 17 percent or 903 marriages.
- Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte followed at 15 percent (786 marriages) and 12 percent (616 marriages), respectively.
Religious rites preferred over civil ceremonies
- Of the total registered marriages, sixty percent of which were through religious ceremonies (3,198 marriages).
- Civil ceremonies had 40 percent share (2,127 marriages) in the 2nd Quarter of 2021.
- There were five Muslim marriages and two tribal marriages recorded also this 2nd Quarter of 2021.
Teenage brides reached more than two hundred in the 2nd Quarter of 2021
- There were 255 teenage brides who were registered in the 2nd Quarter of 2021.
- The median age of brides based from the registered marriages in June 2021 was at 23 years old. This means that half the number of brides was younger than 23 years old and half was older than 23 years old.
- The grooms had a median age of 27 years old also.
- Most brides belong in the age group 25 to 29, contributing 38 percent of the total number.
- The highest number of grooms was also from the age group 25 to 29 that is 40 percent of the total number.
Pangasinan covers five slots in the top five city/municipality with most registered marriages in the region
- San Carlos City ranked first with 227 registered marriages in the 2nd Quarter of 2021. This was followed by Dagupan City with 223 marriages then Malasiqui at 194 registered marriages.
- City of Urdaneta followed at 148 registered marriages and Bayambang with 132 marriages.
SGD. ATTY. SHEILA O. DE GUZMAN
Officer-in-Charge, RSSO I