Data on marriages presented in this release were obtained from the Certificates of Marriage (Municipal Form 97) that were registered at the Office of the City/Municipal Civil Registrars and forwaded to the Philippine Statistics Authority - Provincial Statistical Offices in Ilocos Region. Infomation included marriages registered in March 2019 and in March 2020.
Marriage ceremonies decrease by 87 percent
- There were 1,095 registered marriages dudng the second quarter of 2020, showing a decrease of 87 percent from the 2nd quarter of 2019.
- All provinces in the region decreased in the number of registered marriages from second quarter of 2019 to second quarter of 2020.
- La Union had the biggest decrease in the number of registered marriages (90 percent) followed by Pangasinan at 88 percent. Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur both decreased by 85 percent.
- Pangasinan had the most number of registered marriages for the 2nd quarter of 2020 that is translated to a 54 percentage share to the region.
- The rest of provinces in the region registered less than two hundred marriages for the 2nd quarter of 2020.
- The daily average number of registered marriages decreased from 2nd quarter of 2019 to 2nd quarter of 2020 by 87 percent. lt was noted that in 2019, the daily average number of registered marriages was at 96. This 2020, the average was at two registered marriages per day.
- In April 202A, the daily average number of registered marriages decreased by 98 percent from April 2019.
- The daily average number of registered marriages in May 2Q20 dropped to seven that is translated to 94 percent from 2019 to 2020.
- In the second quarter of 2020, there were 1,095 registered marriages. Most registered marriages were in June (812 marriages).
- In May, there were 209 registered marriages while in April, there were 74 registered marriages.
- There were 688 registered marriages through Civil rites for the first quarler of 2020. The highest number of registered maniages among other types of ceremony.
- Other religious rites followed at 214 registered maniages.
- Four Muslim marriages were registered during the quarter.
- There were 37 teenage brides that were registered this second quarter of 2020.
- The median age of brides based from the registered marriages this first quarter was at 28 years old. This means that half the number of brides was younger than 28 years old and half was older than 28 years old.
- The grooms had a median age of 27 years old.
- Most brides belong in the age group 25 to 29 that is 41 percent of the total number.
- The highest number of grooms was also from the age group 25 lo 29 that is 43 percent of the total number.