Friday, June 4, 2021
Marriage ceremonies decrease by 46 percent
- There was a decrease of 46 percent in the registered marriages in 1st quarter 2021. From 8,481 registered marriages in 1st quarter 2020, Ilocos Region registered 4,551 marriages in 1st quarter 2021.
- All provinces in the region decreased in the number of registered marriages in 1st quarter 2021 compared to 1st quarter 2020.
- Pangasinan showed the biggest decrease in the number of registered marriages at 50 percent.
- Pangasinan had the most number of registered marriages (2,768) in 1st quarter 2021 that is translated to a 61 percentage share to the region.
- La Union ranked second with the greatest number of registered marriages at 16 percent or 733 marriages.
- Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte followed at 14 percent (650 marriages) and 9 percent (400 marriages), respectively.
Civil marriages highest in 1st Quarter 2021
- There were 2,183 registered marriages through Civil ceremonies in 1st quarter 2021. It is the highest number of registered marriages among other types of ceremony.
- Roman Catholic Church ceremonies followed at 1,547 registered marriages.
- Nine Muslim marriages were registered this quarter.
Teenage brides reached almost seventy in 1st quarter 2021
- There were 229 teenage brides who were registered in 1st quarter 2021.
- The median age of brides based from the registered marriages in 1st quarter 2021 was at 27 years old. This means that half the number of brides was younger than 27 years old and half was older than 27 years old.
- The grooms had a median age of 28 years old also.
- Most brides belong in the age group 25 to 29, contributing 40 percent of the total number.
- The highest number of grooms was from the age group 25 to 29 that is 40 percent of the total number.
Pangasinan covers 9 slots in the top 10 city/municipality with most registered marriages
- In Region I, Dagupan City, Pangasinan ranked first with 202 registered marriages in 1st Quarter 2021.
- This was followed both by San Carlos City, Pangasinan with 194 marriages. Next is Malasiqui, Pangasinan with 137 registered marriages, Lingayen, Pangasinan with 130 marriages, City of San Fernando, La Union followed with 125, Calasiao, Pangasinan with 117, City of Alaminos, Pangasinan with 107, then City of Urdaneta, Pangasinan with 105,Urbiztondo, Pangasinan with 96 and lastly by San Fabian, Pangasinan with 81 marriages.
- In Ilocos Sur, municipality of Lidlidda, Sigay amd Sugpon registered two marriages.
- Adams, Ilocos Norte also registered two marriages.
SGD. ATTY. SHEILA O. DE GUZMAN
Officer-in-Charge, RSSO I