Data on deaths presented in this release werc obtained from the Certificate of Death (Municipal Fom 103) that werc registered at the Office of the City/Municipal Civil Registrar and forwarded to the Philippine Statistics Authority - Provincial Statistical Offices in Ilocos Region. lnformation included deaths registercd in April to June 2019 and April to June 2020.
- Ilocos Region registered a total of 8,505 deaths for the second quarter of 2020.
- Pangasinan topped the highest number of deaths in the second quarter of 2020. Its share was more than half (59 percent) of the total registered deaths in the region at 5,003 deaths.
- La Union ranked second with 1,293 deaths (15 percent).
- Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte followed with 1,181 deaths (14 percent) and 1,028 (12 percent), respectively.
- The registered deaths in Ilocos Region decreased this second quarter of 2020 from the second quarter of 2019.
- Among cities/municipalities in the region, Dagupan City, Pangasinan registered the highest number of deaths with 865 deaths in the second quarter of 2020.
- San Carlos City, Pangasinan followed at 485 deaths; then City of San Fernando, La Union with 481 deaths; City of Batac, Ilocos Norte with 306 deaths; City of Urdaneta, Pangasinan with 269 deaths; and Laoag City, Ilocos Norte wilh 212 deaths. Other cities/municipalities in the region had less than two hundred registered deaths.
- Males (4,597) outnumbered females (3,908) in terms of registered deaths in the second quarter of 2020.
- In all provinces, there were more deaths in males than in females.
- Pangasinan had the most number of registered male deaths with 2,733. La Union followed at 717 registered deaths.
- Most registered female deaths were also observed in Pangasinan with 2,270 deaths. Ilocos Sur followed at 583 female deaths.
- Deaths that were not medically attended by medical practitioners reached up to 4,062.
- In the region, medical practitioners attended to 3,899 deaths.
- La Union had the highest percentage of recorded deaths attended by health professionals with 63 percent of the total registered deaths in the province.
- In Ilocos Norte, health professionals attended to 45 percent of the deaths in the province.
- In Ilocos Sur, health professionals attended to 44 percent of the deaths in the province while 42 percent of the deaths registered in Pangasinan were attended by health professionals.
- Among provinces, Pangasinan had the most number of deaths assisted by health professionals at 2,102 deaths. La Union followed at 815 deaths, then llocos Sur at 519 deaths, and llocos Norte at 463 deaths.