Tuesday, August 31, 2021
Registered deaths in all provinces increased in May 2021
- Ilocos Region registered a total of 4,132 deaths in May 2021.
- Pangasinan topped the highest number of deaths. Its share was more than half (62 percent) of the total registered deaths in the region at 2,555 deaths.
- La Union ranked second with 16 percent followed by Ilocos Sur at 12 percent.
- Ilocos Norte followed with 11 percent (442 deaths).
- All provinces increased in the number of deaths in May 2021 compared to May 2020.
Males outnumber females in terms of registered deaths
- Males (2,199) outnumbered females (1,933) in terms of registered deaths in May 2021.
- In all provinces, there were more deaths in males than in females.
- Pangasinan had the greatest number of registered male deaths with 1,360. La Union followed with 345 registered male deaths.
- Most registered female deaths were also observed in Pangasinan with 1,195 deaths. La Union followed with 285 female deaths.
Deaths in the region were mostly not medically attended
- There were 1,783 total registered deaths that were attended by medical practitioners.
- Deaths that were not medically attended reached up to 2,249.
Percentage of deaths attended by health professionals highest in La Union
- La Union had the highest percentage of recorded deaths attended by health professionals with 64 percent of the total registered deaths in the province.
- In Pangasinan, health professionals attended to 40 percent of the deaths in the province.
- In Ilocos Sur, health professionals attended to 42 percent of the deaths in the province while 36 percent of the deaths registered in Ilocos Norte were attended by health professionals.
- Among provinces, Pangasinan had the greatest number of deaths assisted by health professionals at 1,014 deaths.
There were 157 corpses cremated in Ilocos Region in May 2021
- Generally, corpses in the region were disposed through burial. This month, there were 3,950 corpses who were buried.
- Pangasinan had the greatest number of corpses buried while Ilocos Norte had the least number of buried corpses at 2,430 and 441, respectively.
- Cremation is another option for corpse disposal. In the region, there were 157 corpses registered in May 2021.
- Pangasinan registered 115 cremated corpses, La Union registered 40 cremated corpses while Ilocos Sur listed two cremated corpses.
- There was no registered cremation in Ilocos Norte in May 2021.
SGD. ATTY. SHEILA O. DE GUZMAN
Officer-in-Charge, RSSO I