Friday, June 4, 2021
Registered deaths in three provinces of Ilocos Region decreased in 1st Quarter 2021
- Ilocos Region registered a total of 9,533 deaths in 1st quarter 2021.
- Pangasinan topped the highest number of deaths. Its share was more than half, it is 61 percent (5,787 deaths) of the total registered deaths in the region.
- La Union ranked second with 15 percent (1,407 deaths).
- Both Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte followed at 12 percent, that is 1,170 deaths and 1,169 deaths, respectively.
- The three provinces of Ilocos region namely, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur and La Union, decreased in the number of deaths in the 1st quarter of 2021.
Males outnumber females in terms of registered deaths
- Males (5,210) outnumbered females (4,323) in terms of registered deaths in the 1st quarter of 2021.
- In all provinces, there were more deaths in males than in females.
- Pangasinan had the greatest number of registered male deaths with 3,131. La Union followed at 796 registered male deaths.
- Most registered female deaths were also observed in Pangasinan with 2,656 deaths. La Union followed at 611 female deaths.
Deaths in the region were mostly not medically attended
- There were 4,202 total registered deaths that were attended by medical practitioners.
- Deaths that were not medically attended reached up to 4,719.
Percentage of deaths attended by health professionals highest in La Union
- La Union had the highest percentage of recorded deaths attended by health professionals with 63 percent of the total registered deaths in the province.
- In Ilocos Norte and Pangasinan, health professionals attended to 42 percent and 41 percent of the deaths in their respective provinces.
- In Ilocos Sur, health professionals attended to 40 percent of the deaths in the province.
- Among provinces, Pangasinan had the greatest number of deaths assisted by health professionals at 2,366 deaths.
There were 117 corpses cremated in Ilocos Region in 1st Quarter 2021
- Generally, corpses in the region were disposed through burial. This month, there were 9,332 corpses who were buried.
- Pangasinan had the greatest number of corpses buried while Ilocos Sur had the least number of buried corpses with 5,657 and 1,164, respectively.
- Cremation is another option for corpse disposal. In the region, there were 117 cremated corpses registered in 1st Quarter 2021.
- Pangasinan registered 79 cremated corpses while La Union, Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur listed 35, 2 and 1 cremated corpses, respectively.
SGD. ATTY. SHEILA O. DE GUZMAN
Officer-in-Charge, RSSO I